Monday, January 7, 2008

We're Everywhere!

I called the Washington Blade--the country's oldest gay paper with a readership of 85,00+--today to ask about running an ad for Gays & Lesbians for Ron Paul. I started out by asking general questions about buying ads without telling her what ad or group I had in mind.

Like any successful person in sales, the woman I spoke to was cheery and pleasant, but when I mentioned Ron Paul, she suddenly became... ECSTATIC! A Paul supporter herself, she couldn't believe her ears. "You made my day!" were her exact words.

Also, it seems no other campaign--Republican or Democrat--has asked about running an ad with the Blade yet. So much for the other "pro-gay" candidates.

When I mentioned this to my partner, he told me that the other saleswoman he called was pro-Paul, too! She expressed interest in seeing Dr. Paul in DC and wished the campaign well.

So take heart: Ron Paul supporters are everywhere!